Coq Au Vin
- Serve with: mash potato or rice, and peas.
- Cooking instructions: bring a pan of water to the boil, place the bag in the water, turn down to a simmer and leave for 40-50 minutes. Open bag ,ensure the contents are piping hot and serve.
- How we make it: brown off the chicken, deglaze with red wine, sauté onion, garlic, celery and bacon. Add tomato puree, thyme, bay leaf, parsley, leek, chicken stock, flour, salt & pepper and slow cook. Shortly before the chicken is cooked we sauté mushrooms in butter and add.
- Ingredients: chicken breast & thigh, red wine, smoked bacon, chicken stock, onion, mushroom, celery, Flour, garlic, tomato puree, leek, butter, thyme, parsley, rosemary, bay leaf, salt & pepper.
- Allergens: flour (gluten), celery, butter (milk), red wine (sulphites)