Chicken, Ham Hock & Leek Pie
Serves 2 or Serves 4
£8.95 – £17.90
- Serve with: sauted cabbage and new potatoes.
- Cooking instructions: oven cook from frozen at180ºC for 45min, ensure the product is piping hot before serving.
- How we make it: we slow cook ham hocks overnight, poach chicken thighs in chicken stock and white wine, and sauté leeks, thyme and garlic in butter. Over a medium heat add flour to the leeks, and slowly add milk, double cream, and the chicken stock/white wine we poached the chicken in. Cook out the flour and season with salt & pepper, then add the chicken and ham hock into the white sauce. The mix is spooned into trays, and puff pastry is rolled out and crimped, this goes on top of the mix and gets egg washed.
- Ingredients: chicken thigh, ham hock, puff pastry, milk, chicken stock, cream, white wine, leek, butter, flour, garlic, thyme, egg, salt & pepper.
- Allergens: wheat flour (gluten), milk, butter (milk), white wine (sulphites), egg